NHFPC (2014) No 33
Heath and Family Planning Commission (health bureau, population and family planning committee), development and reform committee, education and financial departments, and traditional Chinese medicine bureau in provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities directly under the central government:
We issue the Village Clinic Management Method (Trial) for medical and health system reform and better medical services to rural residents. Please read carefully and follow it.
National Health and Family Planning Commission
National Development and Reform Commission
Ministry of Education
Ministry of Finance
State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine
June 3, 2014
Village Clinic Management Method (Trial)
1. The method was formed to strengthen village clinic management, clarify village clinic functions and service range, and ensure rural residents have access to public health and essential medical services. It was based on the Professional Medical Practitioners Law, the Medical Institutions Management Regulations, the Rural Doctors Work Regulations, and the Chinese Medicine Ordinance.
2. The method shall apply to administrative village clinics that passed review by health and family planning administrative departments at the county level, made practice registration and obtained the Medical Institution Practice License.
3. Village clinic personnel include certified medical practitioners, assistant doctors, rural doctors and nurses working at village clinics.
4. Village clinic is an important part of the rural public service system and the foundation of the rural healthcare service system. All regions should encourage local government to build clinics and let private capital run them, and give support to the construction of village clinics, equipment purchases and operations.
5. The National Health and Family Planning Commission, the National Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Finance should give guidance in village clinic structure planning and supervise and manage operations.
Health and family planning administrations at provincial and municipal levels should formulate local village clinic structure plans with corresponding development and reform and finance departments, and supervise and manage village clinic operations under their jurisdiction.
Health and family planning administrations at the county level should form local village clinic structuring plans, and review, supervise and manage village clinic operations under their jurisdiction.
6. Steadily push ahead rural health service integration management. Health and family planning administrative departments at or above the county level should strengthen standard management of village clinics in structure planning and construction, personnel employment and professional management, business, medical instrument and performance evaluation.
Functions and tasks
7. Village clinic undertakes the corresponding public health and essential medical and health services, as well as other jobs assigned by supervising health and family planning administrative departments.
8. Village clinic is responsible for health education, prevention and healthcare services at administrative villages, which include:
(1) Assuming, participating or assisting in essential public health services;
(2) Participating or assisting in major public health services carried out by professional public health agencies;
(3) Implementing other public health tasks arranged by health and family planning administrative department at or above the county level.
9. The essential medical services offered by village clinic include:
(1) Preliminary diagnosis, essential diagnosis and treatment for common and frequently occurring diseases, and rehabilitation guidance and care; (2) Preliminary field first aid and transfer treatment for patient with critical conditions; (3) Transfer treatment for patients with suspected or confirmed infectious diseases; (4) Other essential medical services stipulated by health and family planning administrative departments at or above the county level.